- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili (or to taste)
- 2 cups dried red lentils
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen beans
Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook until lightly browned. Add garlic and spices, stir till aromatic.
Stir in the lentils, tomato and stock. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook for 10 mins (stirring occasionally) then add an extra 1 to 2 cups of water, cook for a further 10 mins. Add the peas and beans cook until heated through.