Dosa are like and Indian version of crepes, with spices and such in them. I think they are usually made from chickpea or rice flour, but I had neither of those on hand, so I made mine with wholemeal wheat flour, they were still very nice.
The chickpea curry was very similar in cooking process and flavour to a dahl curry, except I used tinned chickpeas (you don't have to worry about soaking or cooking them).
Calories: 474 (1981kj)
Time & process:
- Cook curry - 20 minutes
- While curry is simmering make dosas and minted yoghurt - 10 minutes
- Place cooled curry in bento box with one dosa sliced into ribbons - 5 minutes
- Place minted yoghurt in bento box with mandarin and soy crisps - 2 minutes
- 125g wholemeal plain flour
- ½ a teaspoon of salt
- ½ a teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ a teaspoon of garam masala
- 125ml milk
- 175ml water
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Slowly add the water and milk, whisking till smooth.
- Heat a small frying pan (or crepe pan) over a medium heat, lightly spray with oil.
- Place about 1/4 cup of dosa mix in pan and tilt the pan around to spread the mix and make a thin pancake.
- When the dosa begins to bubbles, flip and brown underside.
- Continue process with remainder of mix.
- Serve with your favourite curry.