Sunday 30 January 2011

o bento ni

Here is my second bento.
Starting with some baked falafel with hommus & Hello Kitty kumara. On the right, carrot kinpira & stir-fried cabbage.

The falafel I made is baked rather than fried, it's easier and lower in fat than deep-fried falafel. I used this recipe from Taste.com.au.
Carrot kinpira is carrot stir-fried with soy and chili, I used the recipe here, at Just Bento. The cabbage is stir-fried with balsamic vinegar, garlic and sultanas also a recipe from Just Bento, which I adjusted to fit what I had in the cupboard.

Fruit salad of strawberries, blueberries and rock melon. On the left, cherry tomatoes, stuffed green olives.

I plan on eating the tomatoes and olives with the Philadelphia cheese and nori rice crackers pictured.

No comments:

Post a Comment