Monday 2 May 2011

eggplant curry bento

Eggplant, zucchini & sweet potato curry, tortilla & hommus, half an apple (with checkerboard pattern), gherkins, blueberries & Swiss cheese flowers.

This was a hard bento to make and it too for ages. Because we are a bit low of food (we're doing the shop tomorrow) and absolutely no planning went into it, which is a BIG no-no if you are time poor.

Calories: 429 (1794kj)

I'm not going to bother with the time and process, it involved a lot of scrounging, searching the fridge and scratching my head.
But, I will say it took about 10 minutes for me to do the apple, it was my first go at it (don't look too closely!)

This bento is served in yet another new bento... I am getting quite a collection! This one ties two of my loves together, bento and Blythe (I collect Blythe dolls).
It is very cute, but a bit smaller than I expected, I am terrible at visualising the sizes given when bentos are sold, especially when they only give dimension and not how many mls the box will hold.

I have around 6 bento boxes now, and I confess I bought another on Ebay yesterday... So, I expect my collection to grow (and rapidly at this rate)... Eep!

No comments:

Post a Comment