Monday 23 May 2011

vegetable soup bento

Vegetable soup, toasted English muffin, mandarin, jelly and Hello Panda.

Calories: 497 (2080kj)

It was a chilly, wet day today, when I was on playground duty I thought "soup for dinner, its a soup kind of day".


So when I got home I got busy with my mandoline and chopped some zucchini, celery and carrot, then hand diced some capsicum, chilli and onion then crushed some garlic.
Sauteed the onion and garlic, threw in some curry powder, then threw in the veggies. Cooked them for about 5 minutes then stirred through two tins of tomatoes, a tin of kidney beans and two cups of vegetable stock. Simmered that until the vegetables were soft. Yum.

Time & process:
  1. Cook soup - 30 minutes
  2. While muffin is toasting place mandarin, jelly and Hello Panda in snack box - 5 minutes
  3. Place cooled soup and toasted muffin in bento box - 2 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment