Calories: 478 (1995kj)
Tomorrow I start a seven day detox diet, and this bento will be my lunch.
Time & process:
- Cook carrot and lentil soup and brown rice - 40 minutes
- Chop apple and soak in acidulated water for a few minutes, meanwhile chop celery and fill with peanut butter and sultanas - 5 minutes
- Place cooled soup and rice in lower tier of bento box, place snacks and upper tier - 5 minutes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 400g carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 litre water
- 60g green lentils
- juice of 1 orange
- a few sprigs of fresh parsley
- salt & pepper
- Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, cook onion till lightly browned, then stir in carrot and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water and lentils, bring to the boil over a high heat, cover and reduce to low, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the parsley leaves and stir through soup with orange juice, increase heat to high and boil rapidly for 5 minutes.
- Place soup in blender and blend till almost smooth, place back in saucepan, heat, season with salt and pepper then serve.