Not much to this bento, rice is fairly high is calories and very filling so I don't think I need to eat much more with it.
Calories: 481 (2006kj)
Time & process:
- Cook and cool brown rice - 30+ minutes
- Make fried rice - 20 minutes
- Pack cooled dish into bento box with orange - 5 minutes
- 240g brown rice
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 4 tbsp Japanese rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- 2 carrots chopped into match sticks
- 1 red capsicum, chopped into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Cook rice following packet instructions, but drain, rinse and set aside just before it is fully cooked.
- Heat a little oil in a medium frying pan over a medium heat, poor in whisked eggs and cook till lightly browned, flip and brown other side. Set aside to cool.
- Mix vinegar, light soy and sesame oil to make sauce.
- Chop cooled egg into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat a little oil over a medium high heat is a wok or large saucepan. Stir-fry spring onion, carrot and capsicum till lightly browned, stir through garlic.
- Mix through brown rice and stir for 2 minutes, then add sauce and egg, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and stir till heated through.