Monday 13 June 2011

mexican triangles bento

Reduced fat puff pastry triangles filled with Mexican beans, cherry tomatoes, Babybel and an orange.

Sorry about the terrible photo, I left my camera at a friend's house and had to use my phone.

I made the triangles following this recipe for the bean filling, then cut two sheets of puff pastry into triangular quarters.
I placed a dessert spoon of the beans in each, folded them in half then pressed the edges together with a fork. Then brushed them with milk, sprinkled them with sesame seeds and baked them in an over preheated to 220 C for about 15 minutes.
They turned out very tasty.

Calories: 509 (2126kj)

Time & process:
  1. Make triangles - 40 minutes
  2. Place tomatoes, Babybel and orange in bento box - 5 minutes
  3. Place cooled triangles in bento box - 1 minute.

2 comments: