Calories: 412 (1721kj)
Lentil fritters were quick, tasty and easy to make, and the yoghurt is nice and refreshing.
- Roast tomatoes.
- Make fritters.
- Mix natural yoghurt with roughly chopped mint.
- Peel and chop pineapple.
- Roughly chop dried apricots and mix with almonds.
Roasting the tomatoes takes about 30 minutes, and the fritters can be made while they're cooking and kept warm in the oven.
Once they're cooked it is just a matter of chopping the fruit and placing it all in the bento box. All up about 15 minutes.
Fritter Recipe (serves 4)
- 2/3 cup (100g) wholemeal plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Good pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 eggs
- 150ml milk
- 400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- Sift the flour, baking powder and spices together.
- Separate the eggs and whisk yolks and milk into the flour mix, then stir through the lentils.
- Whisk the egg whites to form soft peaks and stir through fritter mix.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat, place fritter mix in pan (about 1 tablespoon per fritter).
- Flip when base of fritter is lightly browned, brown other side.