Wednesday 20 April 2011

pita pocket bento

Two pita pocket halves with hommus, tomato, Thai Basil, cheese, lettuce and a Quorn burger.
Snacks are dried apricots, prunes, dried paw paw, almonds Laughing Cow cheese and nori rice crackers.

All very tasty, but I'm not sure what I did wrong with the pita pocket, it ripped while I was filling it... Maybe it was just the brand I'll try a different one next time.

Calories: 531 (2219kj) A bit high, I blame the paw paw... It's a bit of a treat food I think, nice but high in energy.

Process & time:
  1. Cook burger and fill pita pocket: Heat a small frying pan over a medium heat and cook the Quorn burger for 12 minutes turning 3 times. Briefly heat the pita pocket in a microwave to soften, the cut into two halves. Place a heaped teaspoon of hommus in each half, along with a few slices of tomato, some basil leaves, half a cheese slice and some shredded lettuce. When the Quorn burger is cooked, chop in half and place on half in each pocket - 15 minutes.
  2. Arrange snacks in bento box: Place pita pockets in bento box and line remaining space with lettuce leaf. Fill spice with dried fruit, nuts, cheese and crackers - 2 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. I love your "bento" approach to packing your lunch. I lived in Japan for several years and the bento was the way to go!! I find that most brands of pita tear because most supermarket versions are like sandpaper - I don't know if you have a mid-eastern market where you live, but they usual have the best pita.

    Have a great day and please stop by and see us sometime - we have Scottie puppies!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had a middle eastern market near by... Oh the nomming I would do, I'd nom the heck out of that market!

    Regarding the pitas I bought, I went to have one today and they were mouldy.... Obviously not great quality. :(

    Puppies you day... Will go check you out now... I heart puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the filling, sounds really delicious!

    ReplyDelete