Thursday 14 April 2011

making use of leftovers

You will probably have noticed that I used a lot of ‘leftovers’ in my bentos.

I do this to save time. I make my bentos the night before I need them and keep them in the fridge until I go to work.

I’m pretty busy of an evening, preparing lessons for classes the next day; I don’t want to be spending too much time making my lunch.

Don’t get me wrong, I love making (and eating) bento, but I need to use my time wisely.

So, I usually make what I want to take for lunch in larger portions for dinner, and then set aside what I want for bento.

I’ve also found using Maki’s bento planner is great, I know what I need to prepare and I’m not left scratching my head at 7:30 thinking “what the hell will I fill this box with?!”

So, my big bento tip: Be organised! Know what you want to pack in your box before you get started! Or you’ll end up spending hours in the kitchen like I did with this bento...

(PS. I'm off to the coast for a few days, so no bentos for a little bit, hope you won't be too devastated).

No comments:

Post a Comment