Calories: 404 (1689kj)
Time and Process:
Pack cooled, left over hotpot in lower tier of bento box. Peel skin and pith off mandarin, and arrange in upper section of box with other fruit - 10 minutes.
Sausage Hotpot Recipe:
- 6 vegetarian sausages
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs (or fresh herbs if available)
- 400g tin four bean mix, drained and rinsed
- 2 x 400g tin crushed tomatoes
- 2 dessert spoons tomato paste
- Cook sausages in fry pan over medium heat till browned on all sides, set aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add onion and garlic cook till onion softens.
- Add herbs and stir for about a minute, then add sausages, bean mix, tomatoes and paste. Stir well season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil, reduce to low and cook, covered for 5-10 minutes.