Monday 15 August 2011

caprese salad bento

In the front tier a caprese salad (salad of tomato, mozzarella and basil, seasoned with s&p) with a balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing on the side. At the back, some chopped pineapple with a cinnamon and vanilla dipping yoghurt.

Calories: 397 (1653kj)

I have had a hankering for a caprese salad ever since I bought some mozzarella and tomatoes last week, all I needed was the basil. So I snapped some up at the supermarket this evening and here we go. Can't wait to eat it (I'm nearly drooling just looking at the photo).

Process:
  1. Slice tomatoes and mozzarella and pick some nice looking basil leaves.
  2. Arrange the tomato slices, cheese and basil in a repeated pattern in bento box.
  3. Peel and chop pineapple.
  4. Whisk yoghurt with vanilla, cinnamon and honey.
  5. Place pineapple and yoghurt sauce in bento box.
Time:
Making the salad was not difficult, but it took me to a bit to sit in the bento box evenly (15 minutes).
Arranging the fruit and sauce was a max at 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment