Calories: 382 (1597kj)
The kumara cakes were a bit of an experiment, I found a base recipe but wanted some more protein, so I added the cheese. And though the mix was a bit moist to work with they turned out super tasty.
- Make kumara cakes.
- Chop strawberries.
- Peel and chop orange.
Making the kumara cakes was around 20 minutes and chopping the fruit took no time at all.
Cheesy Kumara Cake Recipe (serves 4)
- 100g (1/2 cup) short-grain white rice
- 500g kumara, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen baby peas
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 50g grated mozzarella cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Cook the rice till tender (I did mine in the microwave), and the kumara in a pot of boiling water till soft.
- Mash the kumara till smooth and mix with peas, breadcrumbs, garlic, egg and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper then form into 12 evenly sized patties.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat, and spray with a little oil. Cook patties in batches of 4 at a time for three minutes each side.