Calories: 516 (2158kj)
The beanballs were an experiment in making a vegetarian version of their meaty counterpart.
They were made with two tins of kidney beans (drained), (1.5 of which I roughly minced with my new Tupperware Turbo Chef) mixed with a sauteed red onion, three cloves of garlic, a table spoon each of ground coriander and cumin, half a cup of breadcrumbs and one egg. This mix was rolled into about 18 golf ball sized balls and baked till crisp in a 200 degree oven.
- Prepare and bake beanballs.
- Cook mushy peas following this recipe (replacing cream with Dairy Farmer's Heart Active milk).
- Boil and mash sweet potato
- Pack snacks (blueberries, crackers, cream cheese and sweet chilli sauce) into bento box
- Mix honey and soy sauce
- Pack beanballs, peas and sweet potato into bento box