Friday 28 October 2011

not chicken bento

Spicy honey Quorn fillets, roasted capsicum, blanched broccoli, strawberries, blueberries, baby bel and spicy broad beans.

Calories: 440

I've discovered a new Quorn product, fillets. They're great, like small chicken breasts without the chicken. Perfect for marinading and grilling.

The marinade I used for this bento is pretty hot, next time I think I'll halve the amount of chilli.
It is adapted from this recipe. I mix the rub and glaze together with the Quorn fillets, and let is all marinade for at least 30 minutes then grill the fillets following the instructions on their packet. Delish!

Process:

  1. Marinade the fillets.
  2. Roast capsicum
  3. Grill fillets and blanch broccoli when they're nearly done.
  4. Let fillets cool slightly.
  5. Pack bento.
Time:
Well, with roasting and marinading it took about 1 hour. But it only takes about 10 minutes to assemble once it is all cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment