Thursday 20 October 2011

tuna soboro bento

Tuna soboro, egg soboro, baby peas, red capsicum, grapes, half a banana and some Japanese rice crackers.

I've been eyeing off soboro bentos for a while, and I finally decided to have a go at my own.
I am really happy with how it turned out and the tuna tastes amazing! I cooked half a 130g can of John West's "no drain" tune with some soy sauce (3/4 tbs), mirin season (1 1/2 tbs) and healthy amount of ginger (1 tbs), yum!

I followed Maki's recipe for the egg soboro from her book Just Bento. I used a beautiful free range egg, but I think I find it a little sweet, so next time I will make it with less sugar.

Calories: 427

Process:

  1. Cook tuna then set aside to cool.
  2. Cook egg and set aside to cool. (While egg is cooking, place peas in microwave)
  3. Cut banana and pack in bento box with grapes and crackers.
  4. Place tuna, egg and peas in bento box.
  5. Slice capsicum and place in bento box.
Time:
20 minutes all, up. Quite quick, very little preparation required.

No comments:

Post a Comment