I've been eyeing off soboro bentos for a while, and I finally decided to have a go at my own.
I am really happy with how it turned out and the tuna tastes amazing! I cooked half a 130g can of John West's "no drain" tune with some soy sauce (3/4 tbs), mirin season (1 1/2 tbs) and healthy amount of ginger (1 tbs), yum!
I followed Maki's recipe for the egg soboro from her book Just Bento. I used a beautiful free range egg, but I think I find it a little sweet, so next time I will make it with less sugar.
- Cook tuna then set aside to cool.
- Cook egg and set aside to cool. (While egg is cooking, place peas in microwave)
- Cut banana and pack in bento box with grapes and crackers.
- Place tuna, egg and peas in bento box.
- Slice capsicum and place in bento box.
20 minutes all, up. Quite quick, very little preparation required.